Our History

Over 50 Years of Quality

In the late 1950's, Daniel & Frances Smucker moved to Harrisonburg to join a local Mennonite congregation. Seeing the need for an honest, quality body shop north of town, they opened Dan's Body Service in 1959.  Starting with a single service bay, the business quickly grew with the addition of a four bay structure in 1962. In 2004, Dan's added a two-level, 9000 square foot building to the property. Today, Dan's is a modern, full-service body and paint shop offering complete automotive restoration, respraying, repairs, and towing.

Dan's Body Service, Inc. has also undergone changes behind the scenes. Lee Kiser bought Dan's Body Service from the Smuckers, and maintained everything - from the quality work to the name on the door - until Donald Hensley purchased it and continued the tradition. Today, Dan's Body Service, Inc. remains true to its founding principles of top quality work, honesty, and fair pricing. We're honored that some of our current customers are the grandchildren of some of our original customers, and we appreciate the connection we have with our community.